[Trac] setting PYTHON_EGG_CACHE doesn't do anything

Tim Diggins subscribed at red56.co.uk
Sun Feb 19 16:20:11 CST 2006

when dealing with eggs and apache, it seems to be best to make sure they
are installed unzipped: the easiest way to do this is to supply a "-Z"
arg to easy_install when you setup... (I'm not at all a trac expert, but
I've experienced similar issues with turbogears) -- though I don't
really get why you have an egg installed at all, having looked at the
install instructions for pysqlite & for trac, it doesn't appear likely
that an egg would be installed (unless pysqlite is required as a
dependency by trac's install, but I don't think that's true...)

As to your environ q, I wonder whether, given that the egg may be
already unzipped by the time that modpython gets to it, it ignores the
PYTHON_EGG_CACHE variable and uses the default value instead?

I'd guess that the answer, in any case, won't be on the trac forum, but
you might try looking at the peak site (e.g.
who are, I believe the maintainers of the "egg" implementation.